Current Uniform Dress Policy
DRESS CODE ENGLISH AND SPANISH
- ALL CLOTHING SHOULD BE PLAIN, SOLID COLORS and/or PATTERNS
- WITH NO LOGOS, WORDS, and PICTURES.
- All clothing should be appropriated school attire (Modest, Safe, and Clean).
- Clothing should not detract from learning.
- No thongs, flip-flops, or loose fitting sandals.
BOYS AND GIRLS:
- Shirts can be short or long sleeved.
- Plain colored sweat shirts, sweaters, turtlenecks and vests are permitted.
- Nothing should be sheer or see-through.
- Shorts, skirts, skirts, and jumpers may not be more than 3 inches above the knee.
- Leggings may be worn under skirts, skirts, or jumpers but may not be used alone as pants. All must have sewn hems.
- Bennion logo T-shirts and Ballet West T-shirts may be worn any day of the week as uniform.
- No bare midriffs (stomachs) allowed.
- Clothing shall not expose abdomen or chest and shall be of sufficient size to conceal undergarments at all times.
- Clothing such as low-cut, tops, bare midriffs, spaghetti-straps and tight-fitting clothing is prohibited.
- Properly fitted clothing must be worn.
- The waistband on shorts and pants need to be above the hipbone.
- No oversized shirts or pants.
- Baggy, sagging fraying, holes and excessively long pants are prohibited.
- Excess material left from belts should be placed through belt loops so it does not hang down.
- No distracting hair color.
- Hair and body must be kept clean; also skin must be free of ink and stickers.
- Hats, sunglasses, or chains of any kind, cannot be worn in the school building or no the school premises, during school hours.
- If students come to school out of uniform, a parent or guardian may be notified and requested to bring provided for the day only.
- New students will have one month to conform to the Uniform Dress Code.
- District Policy JFCA states “Gang related clothing is not permitted.”
DRESS CODE Final